Jul 7, 2010

The Thrill is Back

Dear Triad,
I am in love.  Yes, yes I am in love with my Trey, but there is a new space in my heart etched out for one of the best shops in Greensboro.  Drum roll please...

Thrill of the Hunt

Thrill is right!  Everyday on my way to work I pass this little white building with a zebra print door on Battleground Avenue.  If you know me, then you must know that I am undeniably addicted to zebra print.  So after months of passing by this store wanting to go in, I bit the bullet and I am so glad I did.


Walking into Thrill of the Hunt was like prying open the heavy top of my great-grandmother's jewelry box.  With each step inside, I found treasure after treasure including antique furniture and fabulous perfume bottles and my favorite, the best selection of antique costume jewelry I have ever seen!  


First the thrill, then the hunt!

An hour wasn't even long enough to examine all of the wonderful finds in this place.  After walking around and surveying the inventory, I couldn't help but spend most of my time in the jewelry section.  They have everything from rhinestone broaches and bracelets to beyond-fabulous chunky necklaces and huge dinner rings.  


As I escaped into Antique Jewelry-Land I couldn't help but imagine some of these pieces on my bridesmaids and myself for the wedding.  This rhinestone hair pin I found would be absolutely lovely among soft brunette curls.  Best part?  They are SO AFFORDABLE!  Most of the jewelry ranges $20-$50.


I thought that my "hunting" couldn't get any better but after chatting with Carol P., the owner of Thrill of the Hunt my day got even brighter.  Not only does Thrill of the Hunt carry fabulous antiques for sale, but they also RENT!


I think I just swooned.  How much better can this place get?  Not only do they rent out pieces and jewelry for movie sets, photoshoots and the like, but they also rent for weddings!  I can't imagine anything more unique than wearing a broach that some stylish lady wore in the Jackie O era as you are walking down the isle.  

 

So it is your turn to hunt and tell me what fabulous finds you uncover.  Thrill of the Hunt is located on Battleground Avenue in Greensboro between Westridge and Pisgah Church Road.  They are open Monday - Saturday from 10-6pm.


So there you have it Triad, my new love.  Don't wait as long as I did to stop in because as it turns out, somethings are just timeless, and Thrill of the Hunt is the best time machine in Greensboro.

All my best,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment